Myron selected by the Tennessee Titans with 207th pick

Myron selected by the Tennessee Titans with 207th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

Share:
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us

Let us know what you think

• Myron,

As a fellow Oxonian (Lincoln), former football player and native Tennessean, I’d like to extend a hearty “Welcome to Tennessee.” I’m very proud that you will land in Nashville (a great place to live — “Do fidem” – as they say in the Sheldonian). The kabobs aren’t as good as in Oxford, but the BBQ rocks! By the way, there is no Oxford University Society chapter in Tennessee–I think we should convene the inaugural meeting at Jack’s (BBQ) on Broadway.

Best,

Michael Kress

Michael Kress | April 24, 2010 at 3:42 pm
  • Congratulations,
    The Titans are of course my team. I think it speaks volumes to draft a player who is an outstanding athlete as well as a scholar. He is a true role model. I wish him all the best.

tiffany | April 24, 2010 at 3:57 pm
  • Congratulations! We live in New Jersey and have two young sons that have patterned themselves after you. Thank you for being a great role model. We are all rooting for you! Zack

Zachary Hawkins | April 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm
  • The Carson Family is proud of all that you have accomplished in your short life. We appreciate all that you have done to show not just young African-American children the rewards of committed, hard work, but people throughout the world. Do your thing. We see the Lord doing great things in you.

Sincerely,
    The Carson Family

Reggie, Ronda, Daniel, James and Moriah.

Reggie Carson | April 24, 2010 at 11:47 pm
  • Best wishes Myron and continued success.

Ken | April 25, 2010 at 2:39 pm
  • Myron,

I heard about you a while back while watching PTI on ESPN. I’ve been following you ever since. Just wanted to say that you are an inspiration. Congratulations on your selection by the Titans (though I wish the Eagles would have gotten you, ha). Somehow, even though I’m a stranger to you, I know you are destined for greatness – in football and beyond. All the best.

A big fan who’s rooting for you to succeed,

Kirk

Kirk | April 25, 2010 at 9:27 pm
  • Myron,

Congratulations from a fellow Seminole. You made me more proud than any other Seminole in you pursuit of life and football. You deserve every bit of success that comes your way. I look forward to watching you for years to come until you decide to solve the concussion problem in the all levels of football.

All the best,

Nate Sipp

Nate | April 27, 2010 at 8:07 pm
  • Congratulations to my Brother in Kappa.

You are the embodiment of what Phi Nu Pi is all about.

Much success and make those other teams that passed you up or questioned your committment pay dearly on Sundays for the next ten years.

It is a shame that a Brother is penalized for doing something positive.

If you were a clown prince fool or counter-culture with sagging pants and fit their stereotypes, they would have had no problem with you (or if they could do like they did that one draftee and questioned his mother’s virtue).

Stay strong Brother Rolle.

Yours in the Bond,

Tim
    Chicago Alumni Chapter

Tim | April 29, 2010 at 8:15 am
  • Myron,
    Another fellow Seminole here and I must say I am absolutely proud of your accomplishments on and off the field. Though I know the wait was long for your number to come up, you must know that it was just the timing that God had planned. I know that you will leave a mark in the world of football just as you have in academia. May God continue to bless you and guide you every step of the way on your journey.

Be Blessed!
    Wanda

Wanda | April 30, 2010 at 11:16 pm
  • Congratulations and best wishes on your newest endeavor with Tennessee. Thank you for having such strength of character and for exemplifying that a good athlete and a good academic can be successful. Stay focused on your dreams. April

April | May 1, 2010 at 4:48 pm
  • Congratulations! I am orignally from Tennessee and I love the Titans! Good luck with all your doing, on and off the field! I’ll defintely be rooting for you this season!

Kerslyn | May 7, 2010 at 9:32 am