Life Update

As many of you know, I was released by the Tennessee Titans at the beginning of this football season. I thoroughly enjoyed my year spent with the team and the city of Nashville. Through the leadership, coaching and teammates of the Titans organization, I have become a better player; certainly a more football-knowledgeable player. I had a strong pre-season and I still believe the space to grow exists. I look forward to my next opportunity on the field and I remain ready for my NFL career to resume. So ready.

Aside from intense training back home in New Jersey and tryouts for NFL teams, I have been keeping busy as a Board of Trustee member of Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia. I am a member of the Student-Affairs and Athletic Committees, respectively. Already a fine liberal arts institution of higher learning, I hope my youthful exuberance and ideological principles can help elevate Hampden-Sydney to another level. This is my first Board appointment and I am by far the youngest member in the room, but I refuse to be intimidated. God has placed me in this position in life for a reason, so my obligation is to deliver my best qualities to the position in an effort to honour Him, my family and those who entrusted me with this lofty responsibility.

Oh yeah, I just celebrated my 25th birthday with a snow storm, a Florida State molly whopping over NC State, and an Arabic Rosetta Stone.

I will check back soon to provide another update for you all. Thanks for your support! Salaam.

Share:
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us

Let us know what you think

• You are true inspiration for hard work and a never give up attitude. Stay strong and I’m sure you will reach all your goals. I look forward to watching you if you make it to the NFL but I more look forward to reading about your great humanitarian work that will no doubt be your true legacy.

Good luck and God bless.

Chris | November 12, 2011 at 3:58 pm
  • You make all of us–FSU alums, frmr student-athletes, Boosters, fans–EXTREMELY proud! However, I am not, in the least bit, surprised; after all, you’re a class act–and always have been!!!

MUCH ‘Nole love,
    Julie

Julie Blankfield | December 2, 2011 at 9:32 am
  • I remember watching ESPN a couple years ago and seeing an interview with you, which really impressed me. I was curious as to how you were doing so I did a little search and found your site. Best of luck to you – I look forward to seeing you in the NFL in the near future!

Bobby | January 16, 2012 at 5:34 pm
  • I know this is in the wrong blog and should be in one that has yet to be written. I just want to welcome you as a fan to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    We will be pulling for you and can’t wait to see how you contribute.
    In addition you will find the city to be wonderful in it’s openness and
    other qualities such as ethnicity,good food and hospitality.

Sam | February 5, 2012 at 4:57 pm
  • God has truly blessed you! He’s kept you under his shield for many things in life. Myron, you are truly a great leader and give HOPE to so many children in this world. Congratulations and many blessings.

FAMILY of Billy Rolle in Coconut Grove, Florida

Melodie Rolle-Mitchell | February 8, 2012 at 10:56 am
  • Congratulations on your accomplishments to date. You need more press. We need to put you out there so kids will have an outstanding citizen and a role model.

There are way too many children looking up to thugs and athletes who lack any academic prowess or confuse their temporary success with life success.

I think you are an impressive human being and you can provide a much needed light in the otherwise dark and dismal tunnel of pro athletes.

Dude | February 9, 2012 at 11:46 am
  • As a life-long Steeler fan I’d like to welcome you to the team. You are going to be great. I can feel it!

Charles Baines | February 9, 2012 at 12:35 pm
  • Myron,
    What motivated you as a young man to get you where you are today? And how can I inspire my children to do the same?

And congrats on your new contract with the Steelers!

-Alex “A Nole Fan” Arce

Alex Arce | February 21, 2012 at 1:56 pm
  • Just another shout out of encouragement to you as you head into camp. Keep up the good work kid.

We need a real “Gubner” down here in Fla-duh. (Waiting to see your name on the ballot).

Doug M | April 19, 2012 at 4:04 pm
  • Myron,

Just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed the time you invested this weekend with our children. It was a very motivational and empowering camp. I was really inspired by all of the speakers; especially with how you started it off. I felt as I could relate with all the speakers on a personal level and hope and pray that the youth were able to gain from their talks. I was very impressed with your motivation on empowering the youth; our LEADERS of tomorrow. I pray that you continue with your endeavors and I know that our Heavenly Father has a special place in his KINGDOM for you and your family as I know they have been a powerful entity in helping raise and mold a beautiful spirit as you have. Hope to work with you again in the future….salsa time next time…..
    Enjoy medical school I know you’ll do great!

Magaly | August 1, 2013 at 7:10 pm